Elle's and Gabz's RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elle's and Gabz's RP Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New York City

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 8:06 pm

The city that never sleeps. Oh boy.
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 8:27 pm

It had been less than a week since Elian Van Asch, better known as Frits, had arrived to New York to attend Julliard. Thanks to his step-father sending the audition tape, he'd been accepted and granted a pretty hefty scholarship as well. Seeing as he still had time before the school year started, he decided to roam around New York, explore and see the sites. But instead he had spent most of his morning playing his guitar to get some spending money. Once he had his fill of the spotlight he headed over to the neared store, which happened to be a Best Buy, and entered it. He felt somewhat overwhelmed once he saw the place was pretty busy. He took in a deep breath and walked towards the TVs, if he was going to have a dorm he should get a TV, or at least see how much they cost and hope to somehow manage to get the necessary money for it.
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Calixta had been living in New York City for months, in rundown motel rooms and homeless shelters scattered throughout various parts of the city, but she still had yet to explore every nook of the city. Part of this was due to her work, the need to make money and care for herself, but part of it, she suspected, was also due to the fact that the city was simply too big for anyone to be able to explore all of it. With the five boroughs and all their neighborhoods, it would take a lifetime to become acquainted with them all.

Still, Calixta was trying to become familiar with as many parts of the city as she could. Yesterday and today, she had stuck to a part of Ma Hatton that was known for its vibrant artist community, though one could hardly tell by walking along its streets. The best part about it, likely, was that with her unique sense of style, Calixta blended right in with the regular artist crowd, and unlike the ritzier parts of the city, nobody could be suspicious of her simply for being who she was -- even if they should, because she was certainly up to no good.

Sometimes, there weren't enough jobs to keep a stable amount of money flowing into her pockets, so Calixta had to take matters into her own hands. Today that meant lurking around a Best Buy, among all the electronics that felt so natural in her hands, and smuggling them out to sell later. And, just maybe, find something for herself, too. She could use a new iPod, since hers had been stolen by some asshole at the last shelter she'd been at.

After slipping a few items into her backpack and adjusting them so they wouldn't set off an alarm when she left, Calixta decided to head for the section where Best Buy kept its iPods and iPads. This led her to pass through the television section first, where she nearly collided with some kid with lilac hair and an artistic dress sense after turning the corner of some flat screen TV's.

Immediately, Calixta's irritation (as usual with other people) flared up, and she snapped, "Watch where you're going, pretty boy."
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:29 pm

"Sorry," Frits apologized almost immediately as he accent grew thicker. "I, umm, was distracted. Are you ok?" He said as he gave her a charming smile.
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:41 pm

Well, that wasn't what Calixta had been expecting, not at all. The acerbic words had come out of her mouth almost instinctively, a mechanism she had developed to keep unwanted people from interacting with her too much that had turned into something nastier. But the guy didn't even phased like it, as if he hadn't heard the harshness in her tone at all, and it made Calixta's brows knit in confusion.

"I, uh... yeah, I'm fine, I guess," she replied, still sullen, but less sour. Damn this pretty boy (pretty European boy, if she wasn't mistaken) and his u perturbed reaction.
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:50 pm

"I'm glad to hear that," Frits said with a slight smiled as he scratched the back of his head. "Before you leave, I was wondering if you could help me."
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:42 pm

"Why? Do I look like I work here?" Calixta asked immediately, some slight venom back in her tone. Then, she sighed and shook her head, and asked, "What do you need?"
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Frits was somewhat taken back by the girl's attitude but relaxed a bit once she seemed to lighten up a bit. "I was wondering what the best TV is. I, umm, never really had one before so wouldn't know."
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 9:58 pm

"You've never had a TV?" Calixta asked, her eyebrows springing up in surprise. Nearly everyone in America-- and probably Europe -- owned a television. She would have guessed this kid probably had his very own, hung up on the wall of his bedroom. But then, maybe he only meant he hadn't had one of his own; she had a hard time believing he'd never had one in his house.

"I suppose that depends on how much money you've got to spend," she continued with a shrug, giving him a look up and down. Seemed like he'd have more money than her -- everyone did -- but he was also only a teenager by the looks of it. He couldn't have had that much money. "'Cause I don't think you're going to be able to buy a 50" flat screen -- no offense."
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Frits couldn't help but let out a small chuckle since the girl was right. There was no way he could afford such a big TV, "I just need something not so big, I guess. Has to fit in a dorm room."
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 8:08 pm

"You'll probably want a small TV, then, 30" or smaller," Calixta replied, looking away from him as she walked down the row of televisions and turned to the next aisle over, where some smaller televisions were on display. "Though... how much do you wanna spend? How good do you want it? If you just want a cheap, crappy TV for your dorm room, this might not be the best place to buy it. You can get used TVs somewhere else... if you'd want." Not that Calixta herself could really talk about being frugal and saving money. Despite her sorry state and technical lack of a home, she always had to have the latest technology.

"But if you wanna spoil yourself, I'm not gonna stop you," she went on, shrugging indifferently. "You'd probably be everyone's friend in the dorms with a good TV."
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 9:44 pm

"Well I have about five-hundred dollars, I think," Frits said after giving it some thought. "It was supposed to be for food and stuff but I can just get some money for that with my guitar."
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Calixta couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at that. "You that talented?" She asked, a sort of indifferent disbelief showing in her voice. "Cuz shoot, if you're willing to spend all that money, you could probably find a 50" in here you could buy." The thought flashed through her mind that, if she somehow got the kid alone or in an otherwise uncrowded place, she might be able to nab that money off of him if it was in cash. But then, if he was talking about using it for food, maybe he was worse for the wear and even more reckless than her. She would gladly use $500 to buy a nice TV IF she had the place to put it, but food came first. That kind of money could buy her food and a crappy hotel room for weeks.

Such was life, she supposed. While she slummed it up in some homeless shelters for the weekend, this kid would be making all sorts of new artsy and smart and possibly influential kids with the television in his dorm room.

"What school are you going to, anyway?" Calixta asked, assuming it must have been a university. "NYU? Columbia? Fordham?" Great schools, or so she'd heard. Too bad she'd have to finish high school and get astounding grades and participate in a bunch of different extracurriculars to have the possibility of attending.

Such was life, she supposed.
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 12:42 am

"I'm pretty good," Frits replied sheepishly as he adjusted the strap of his guitar around his shoulder. "Had years of practice, it's the only thing I'm good at." He said somewhat proudly, even if others might've seen it as him being good for nothing except for that one menial thing. He then was about to answer her last question but not knowing the answer the answer, he rummaged through the front pocket of his guitar case for the paper that had the directions to the school he was going to.

"Juilliard," He said and stuffed the piece of paper back where he found it. "It's a music school, still can't believe I got in."
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 10:08 am

Calixta eyebrows shot straight up. As if NYU or Columbia wouldn't have been impressive enough, this guy was so gifted in music he got into Juilliard? "That's pretty impressive..." She admitted, begrudgingly, because she usually didn't hand out compliments. "Maybe strangers will give you money for playing your music, after all." She paused then, and went on to ask, genuinely curious, "They don't have fancy music schools in France, or whenever you come from?" Like she would know. She wasn't an expert in European accents.
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 9:35 pm

"I'm from Belgium," Frits said with a proud grin. "And there are a few closer schools I could've gone to but my parents wanted to have a different experience, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 7:17 pm

"Belgium..." Calixta went over what she knew about Belgium in her mind, which wasn't much. She had never been terribly good at geography. "What language do you speak in Belgium, then? Because you sound French to me." Not that she would know;she'd never met a French person in her life, not that she could remember. "And your parents must be real nice, then. They paying for you to go to Juilliard?"
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 4:38 pm

"Well, where I'm from we speak Dutch but I also know French and German," Frits replied, somewhat sheepishly. "And they aren't paying for the school. I managed to get a scholarship. They want me to play for them in person before I can officially join the school, though."
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 6:14 pm

Dutch? Now where exactly did they speak that? Calixta's initial reaction was to say Denmark, but then she remembered: they spoke Danish in Denmark, not Dutch, right? Hmph. She couldn't quite remember where they spoke Dutch, but apparently he spoke German and French, too. And English!

"What a talented guy you are," she mused, continuing her stroll down the row of TVs and running her fingers along the screens that were displaying some sort of baseball game. How she wished it was easy to smuggle a television out of Best Buy. Each of these certainly would have made her a couple hundred dollars, easily.

"Does that mean you're not officially accepted yet?" Calixta went on to ask, looking over at him once more with a raised eyebrow. It seemed strange, him having traveled all the way over from Europe, if he hadn't even played for Julliard in person yet. But then, what did she know about it? She didn't have an ounce of musical or artistic talent in her.
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2017 7:09 pm

"They did see a video of me playing, but I guess they want to make sure I'm the person in the video and that I can actually play," Fritz tried to explain as best as he could. "I guess they've had some people try to, umm, fake their way through the application."
Back to top Go down
Elle
Admin

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 11:32 am

"Hm... well, you'd still think they want you to play in person before they accepted you... what if you're the same person, but you're just not as good in person?" Calixta gave him a grin, her tone teasing but lighthearted, rather than mean-spirited. Her ey es she then flicked back to the televisions, looking between them. "Well... if you've got a couple hundred dollars to spend, which one looks nice? You can afford most of these over here."
Back to top Go down
Darkness Infinity

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 10:19 pm

"I think it's part of the scholarship thing," Fritz said with a shrug before moving to look at all the different flat screen TV's they had on display. Some were 'smart' -whatever that meant- and others were TrueHD, which he knew nothing about. If it were up to him, he'd choose the cheapest one but they all seemed expensive so why not wait and save the money? "And I think I'll keep looking at other places for a TV, or at least make sure wherever it is I'm staying doesn't have one already."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New York City Empty
PostSubject: Re: New York City   New York City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New York City
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elle's and Gabz's RP Forum :: North America :: United States-
Jump to: